Learn while having fun
Observe, handle and create. During the spring holidays and in the summer the castle organises fun workshops for learning and developing imagination: architecture, heraldry, medieval costume jewellery, calligraphy, stained glass, etc. The workshops are in French.
The small architects of the medieval castle
During the visit, children learn about the castle, its architecture, the defensive systems and the use of the various buildings (keep, dwelling tower, chapel, etc.) with the help of an instructive booklet. They then participate during the April holidays—making a semi-circular vault using timbers. An introduction to archaeological digs is organised in the summer.
- April: Monday 16 and Wednesdday 25 at 10:30.
- Summer: ____ and _July and _____ August 2018 at 10.30.
Azure with a golden lion... Argent with two azure fesses... The vocabulary of heraldic blazons is strange. The person running the workshop makes heraldry more familiar by explaining the origin, colours and meaning and then the children make their own arms using the rules of heraldry and their imagination.
- April: Tuesday 17 at 10:30.
- Summer: ____July and ____ August 2018 at 15h30.
The workshop is run by Clotilde Gontel, a young professional stained glass artist. After explaining how glass and stained glass is made and the use of colours, she guides the participants in the making of an object. Please wear closed shoes and clothes that cover arms and legs.
- Only in Summer: Wednesday __July and _ _ August 2018 at 10.30.
A workshop for learning the basics of calligraphy and to discover the use of writing in the Languedoc on the basis of documents from the municipal archives. The children make a calligram on the theme of castles and knights.
- April: Thursday 19at 10:30
- Summer: ___July and____August 2018 at 10.30.
Displaying the know-how of goldsmiths and jewellers, fibulas, pendants, necklaces, belt buckles and other items—often ornamented with precious or semi-precious stone—were part of medieval attire. The children use models to make a reproduction of medieval jewellery using the repoussé technique.
- April: Tuesday 24 at 10:30
- Summer: _____July and ____ August 2018 at 15.30.
- Duration: 1 to 1 ½ hours depending on the workshop.
- Public: children from 7 to 12 years old. Adults and children from 7 years old for the stained glass workshop.
- Price: €4
Booking advised: 04.66.53.78.32 or email@example.com